MRCCB Definition of a CPRC – Certified Peer Recovery Coach
The Maine Recovery Coach Certification Board defines a CPRC – Certified Peer Recovery Coach as a practitioner who has demonstrated their knowledge and skills in the four CPRC performance domains identified in IC&RC Peer Recovery Candidate Guide (2014). In order to become Certified Peer Recovery Coach, a practitioner must possess a basic familiarity with the entire range of the four performance domains of a Peer Recovery Coach.
- Recovery/Wellness Support
- Ethical Responsibility
When performing these functions, the practitioner must commit to and demonstrate consistent adherence to the MRCCB Code of Ethical Conduct (2021) & MRCCB Code of Ethical Conduct – Disciplinary Procedures (2021) and agree to continue their professional development with ongoing education, training and appropriate supervision. It is important to note that this credential provides no permission to practice and does not afford the practitioner a scope of practice they are not already entitled to under any existing credentials they may have. If an individual chooses to pursue the CPRC credential without any other professional credentials, certifications or licenses, the CPRC credential simply indicates the practitioner has met basic eligibility requirements and demonstrated their competency and basic knowledge of the subject by completing Peer Recovery-specific education and practice in the field.
CPRC Application Submission Requirements
Please make sure you complete all of the following items in order to ensure timely processing of your application.
Your application will not be processed until you submit the filing fees and all of the following items have been received:
- Submit the application filing fee of $150.00 (check or money order)* or Pay online (filing fee waived until 1/1/23)
- Complete the entire CPRC Application and submit/fill-out/sign all 12 pages of this packet Read the MRCCB Code of Ethical Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures (available at www.peerrecoverycoachme.org) and sign Consent and Authorization to Obtain Information (both located on page 7 of this document)
- Attach a copy of certificates of attendance or transcripts for all trainingeducational events included on the CPRC Training Documentation Form
- Verification of Training, Supervision and Experience (pdf)