The MRCCB has developed a list of training providers that offer a range of training opportunities relevant to peer recovery coaching. It is up to the individual holding a MRCCB credential to ensure the training they participate in will meet one of the four IC&RC Peer Recovery Domains (Advocacy, Ethical Responsibility, Mentoring/Education, and/or Recovery Wellness Support). It is not guaranteed that all training opportunities facilitated by the suggested training providers will meet the domain requirements. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about a specific training. Trainings from non-listed providers may be accepted by the MRCCB, contingent on meeting the domain requirements.
The hour requirements for each credential may be found on page 9 of the MRCCB Applicant Manual and are stated as follows:
“Acquire 20 hours (CPRC) or 16 hours (RPRC) of MRCCB approved peer recovery coach specific education. Renewal for the CPRC must include a minimum 6-hour Ethical Consideration course within the two-year recertification cycle. (Ethical hours must be awarded from a single training. Ethical hours accumulated over multiple trainings will not be accepted)”
Suggested Training Providers:
- Portland Recovery Community Center/Maine Recovery Hub
- Healthy Acadia/Maine Alliance for Recovery Coaching
- Choices – Addiction and Recovery Education (NH)
- Peer Recovery Center of Excellence
- AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc.
- AdCare New England/New England School of Addiction Studies
- Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery
- New England ATTC (Addiction Technology Transfer Center)